Saturday, February 14, 2015

Getting creative in the kitchen!

First of all, I owe my mom for my creativeness and talent when it comes to the kitchen and crafts, and to the following I owe the wonderful folks who post online to share with others.

We were supposed to do Logan's second birthday yesterday but it was delayed due to a post office delay. So my big plan of the week is all messed up every detail of our busy life is planned day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. I have to admit I am a little excessive and OCD. When things don't go the way they were supposed to it throws my mind into chaos! I had no plan for dinner last night, none whatsoever, because we were supposed to do Logan's party and all the food was planned and a simple swap would not do since Logan's dinner birthday party is now lunch the next day. Figuring out what to cook is very difficult!

Don't get me wrong I can handle change I just don't like change and I can handle everyday foo paws but dinner is huge it is a big thing! The biggest thing is a menu, when I know what to cook, I cook it, it is done! When a dinner is taken away for whatever reason it is so hard for me to come up with a new plan on short notice and my brain does not want to figure out dinner plans. To this I owe thanks to my mom as well. It is easy and fun to cook, thinking up what to cook is a whole other ball park!

One of the kids said breakfast which is great but every Saturday morning we do a big breakfast for all the kids, we don't want 2 meals in a row of breakfast. Hubby said grilled cheese I thought for a minute and hey why not....he quickly added and tomato soup its cold outside it will help warm the kids....perfect! As long as I have hubby's brains providing dinner ideas I can cook with these little mishaps a whole lot better!

I fixed grilled cheese on the waffle makers. I had to make grilled cheese sandwiches for 10 and they take so long in a frying pan I put the soup in the pot and mixed it with milk, I took out the waffle makers and began making sandwiches on 3 waffle makers. It took no time at all and they were the best grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever had!


No comments:

Post a Comment