Thursday, December 25, 2014

As they get older.......

Christmas was ever so difficult this year, and I feel like it is getting harder and harder every year. The 8 kids are between 6 and almost 13 (she is going on 16), and little Logan at 22 months old. I struggle as they get older to find the perfect gift, I keep notes in my cell phone all year long of things they see in the store and which child peaked an interest in it, but when it comes down to the grind sometimes it is old news, no longer interested or I might get lucky that it will just be perfect.

The two oldest kids were my most difficult what do you get an almost 13 year old girl and almost 12 year old boy? I had to get creative and I had to get creative real fast!

She's almost 13.....Makeup! Husband was not at all impressed.....he will get over it......eventually! I also decided to make her a homemade gift, I try to do this every year as no amount of money or "coolest toys for this year" will ever bring the joy and happiness that a "made especially for you from mommy" gift does......

Tyler was another story he was the hardest, I of course went after the quick and easy gifts I knew he wanted....video games, movies and the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, but I had to find that different gift, the one he wouldn't expect but also something that says he is getting older and growing out of the toy stage. I walked the aisles and stopped at the gift set section as something caught my eye.....

DESERT FIRE......I had to get a photo and see what hubby thought about this for Avery.....Avery just turned 8 years old in October and hot sauce is his ketchup, his mayo, his I WILL PUT HOT SAUCE ON ANYTHING cause it is simply just that good! I got a very quick response that this would be a must, so with this cool gift I looked on again for Ty.

In the same aisle I found a Hershey's Smores kit. Included was Graham crackers, Marshmallows, 2 coffee mugs, hot chocolate, and Hershey's plain candy bar. This was perfect this kid loves to make smores and to take it one step further I stretched my imagination and also bought him a fire pit because we use our outdoor wood stove to roast marshmallows and it is a tight squeeze,
a fire pit would make this extra cool!

Boy was I right, I was told this was the best Christmas ever as we sat outside and roasted Hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire pit!


Until next time.....Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment